Our family run company and retail shop began over 57 years ago as one of Dayton's premier Interior Design Firms; decorating Kettering and Oakwood's finest homes!
Our long standing reputation in the community remains strong, and we continue to strive for excellence, and are constantly growing and changing to meet the new challenges of the day. Over the years PERKINS INTERIORS has evolved, and proudly stands as the very first company in the Dayton area to conduct an Estate Sale, and that was in 1968. Family members of the Lotz Paper Company was that 1st sale, and as they say, "the rest is history."
As the oldest and most reputable Estate Sale Company & Consignment Shop in the Dayton area, we are extremely proud of our longevity and continued growth. Over the years we have provided hundreds of Estate Sales, Appraisals, Interior Design, & Consignment services, for many of the most distinguished families synonymous with Dayton's unique history:
- Virginia Kettering
- Ervin & Zo Nutter (Nutter Stadium, etc.)
- Mr. & Mrs. Robt Nutter
- Mr. & Mrs. Ken Nutter
- Ruth Mead
- Mr. & Mrs. William Sherman (Standard Register family)
- Mrs. Cox (wife of the late Governor Cox)
- Ann Hall (mother of Mayor and Ambassador Tony Hall)
- Mrs. Patterson (NCR family)
- Robert Margolis (The Metropolitan)
- Martin Kuntz (PK Lumber)
- Coreen Huber (Huber Homes)
- Clarence Johnson (Johnson Outboard Motors)
- Bette Rogge (TV personality)
- Betty Greenwood (The Cascades)
- Gloria Gardner (Diamond Match Co, Oakwood's Gardner Pool)
- Wright Patterson Air Force Base Generals
- Gordon & Peg Savage (Atty.)
- Chester Finn (Atty.)
- Robert Coughlin (Atty)
- Paul & Mary Welch (Builder)
- Dr. & Mrs. Sidney Copeland
- Mr. & Mrs. Cecil Laughter
- Dr. & Mrs. Howard Campbell
- Mr. & Mrs. Robert Spayd (President Standard Register)
- Dr. & Mrs. Edmundson
- Jerry Office (Ponderosa)
- Mr. James Noss (E.F. McDonald President)
- Jack & Gay Mayl
- L.M. Berry (Yellow Pages)
- Mr. & Mrs. Comisar (The King Cole)
- George Walther
- And many, many more!!!
While these are just a few of the more familiar names in the area, there are hundreds of other satisfied clients and customers, and referrals will gladly be provided upon request.
It is because of our diligence and adherence to our Mission Statement "Exceeding Expectations with Experience, Integrity, and Exceptional Service", that allows " Perkins", to remain (as the Dayton Daily News recently reported) "The Estate Sale King."
In addition, we are constantly striving to improve and expand our services. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We are enlarging our beautiful retail Consignment Shop to include the 2nd floor. And we continually stay current with the ever changing antique and collectibles market. Our appraisers each have a minimum of over 40 years experience in the Antique and Appraisal Market, and we are Probate Court approved.
We also can offer a complete Real Estate package: Gayle Perkins Wells is co-owner with Rowland "Perk" Perkins, she is a designer & stager (over 30 years experience), as well as, a Realtor with Coldwell Banker Heritage Realtors (Dayton's number 1 Real Estate Company.) This unique combination enables us to Stage the home, conduct the Estate Sale, and List the home, if so desired.
All of us at Perkins Interiors & Estate Sales recognize the fact it is a very difficult, private, and personal process to liquidate family belongings and treasures, as well as, a lot of hard work. Therefore, we understand it is a privilege to allow us access to your home.
We believe we have assembled a team, equal to none, to accomplish this very important and necessary task. Our extremely qualified appraisers, professional organizers, real estate stagers, and many other quality individuals are ready to handle any aspect of this sometimes overwhelming job.
Please give us a call. We are anxious to help you move forward!