Professional Estate Sale & Appraisal Services
Take advantage of our reliable estate sale services at Perkins Interiors. Our liquidation services are rendered through probate court as well as private estate sales. We will go on location, tag each item, inventory any item with it's fair market price, clean and display each item in a professional manner, conduct a two or three day sale as needed, and provide a charitable donation pickup for unsold items. No additional fees are assessed for advertising, labor, credit card purchases, or other supplies required. In addition, we can offer to buyout or consign any unsold items at the end of the sale. So contact us today for more information and put our incredible services to work for you.
We have a tremendous Estate Sale following, acquired over the years, who expect a professionally run sale with quality home furnishings, where there is COMPLETE ACCOUNTABILITY of inventory sold and not sold. We attract our buyers through numerous sources: An extensive email list, our website, Estate Sales.net (a national website), Sunday Driver Directories or www.sundaydriver.com (a regional directory and website), Local Papers, including Dayton Daily News (classified and appropriate Neighbors Sections), Oakwood Register, Kettering-Oakwood Times, Flyers, and a Posting in our Retail Store. In addition, where neighborhoods allow, we place tasteful directional signs.
We are also one of the few companies who accept cash, check, and Mastercard and Visa. This encourages larger purchases, as well as, higher end buying opportunities. In addition, it allows a more complete and accurate paper trail.
Where do we begin?
Remove all personal treasures and belongings the family desires, and we take it from there. Besides the obvious trash and clutter, Never throw anything away!
The process starts with an initial walk through or cursory appraisal of all items to be sold. This can be done in about one hour. The time needed to prepare for a sale is largely determined by the amount and cleanliness of the items to be sold. Typical setup time is two weeks.
The sales are between 1 and 4 days, depending upon the amount of items to be sold. Sales are held on weekends to maximize customer availability.
Cleanup and coordination of charitable donation pickup, if applicable, is completed the Monday following the sale.
What Makes our Company the Best?
We offer a complete and comprehensive service and staff that is equal to none! Our full service organization provides:
- A+ Rating with Better Business Bureau
- Strict Documentation, and Complete, Honest and Accurate Accounting of All Inventory
- Qualified, Knowledgeable, and Empathetic Staff
- Established Address with Business in the Dayton Area for over 55 years
- Qualified Experienced Appraisers with over 40 years minimum experience
- Cleaning, arranging, and professional display of all merchandise, tastefully tagged, and clearly priced
- Post sale Clean Up and Charitable Donation pick up service
- Credit Card availability encourages larger purchases
- Staff includes, Professional Organizers, Professional Stagers & Interior Designers, and Professional Realtor with Coldwell Banker Heritage (Dayton's #1 Real Estate Company)
- Free Advertising in local circulations, and various internet websites
- Extensive email list and loyal customer following as a result of our longevity in the area.
- Consignment availability in our Premier Retail Showroom or Ebay options for selected items not sold
- Delivery capability after the sale for a small fee
- We can offer a Complete Package to ease the stress, and allow a smooth transition. We can Conduct the Estate Sale, Stage the Home, and List the House for Sale (We can do as little as desired, or as much as you want)
- Hundreds of referrals available
Commission based payment
Perkins Estate Sales is contracted on a commission based system. A representative of Perkins Interiors (usually Gayle) determines a percent commission based upon the total appraised value of the merchandise for sale in correlation with the amount of labor needed to professionally clean, arrange, display and run the sale. No additional fees are assessed and no money is due upfront to conduct the sale.
Why an estate sale instead of an auction?
While auctions usually sell 100% of the sale items, the client relinquishes control of what an item may sell for. An Estate Sale usually sells about 80% of all items and allows the client to retain reasonable control of what an item sells for. An auctions success or failure may be subject to inclement weather. An estate sale is conducted in the climate controlled residence providing comfort for customers, and a respectful display of the Homeowner's lifelong accumulation of treasures. An estate sale has lower commissions and no additional fees for advertising. In addition, the remaining quality items may be consigned, and a significant charitable donation may be afforded on the other items.
In the event you have trouble viewing the photos please got to estatesales.net and click on Ohio, click on Dayton and choose Sale by Gayle; or go to estatesales.org and type in Dayton, Ohio then choose Sale By Gayle.